Welcome to our blog!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Beach with McCoys


Bibi and Gogo with their grands.




My dad is known for bringing a bushel of boiled peanuts to the beach every year. This is the within the first hour of our arrival... he's indoctrinating Bruiser on peanuts and making a good friend. She loved them! Who doesn't???
Glad we brought that tricycle. The kids fought over who would ride it and then compromised on at least riding on the back if they couldn't drive.

Cautious girl surprises us and rides the go carts with Daddy!

We had such a wonderful time getting together with the Davises and my parents for our annual beach trip. My parents are so generous to use their vacation time and dollars to take all of us on with them to Garden City Beach, SC every year. When people ask where that is, I always say "just north of Pawleys Island" about which Lover makes fun. He says, "just say it's Myrtle Beach." I refuse. I have trashy associations with Myrtle and like to think that GC is a good ways south of there. I digress.
The funnest part of the trip was seeing how well all of our children got along. My sister has 4 ranging from 8 to almost 2. They all played so well with my girls and enjoyed each other's company. They'd disappear for lengths of time without any parental intervention (is that good?)... we loved it.
We all ate peanuts and drank our favorite beverages (some are pregnant remember!) and enjoyed good fellowship.
Oh, something I've wanted to add to my posts is what book I'm reading at the time so I can look back and remember.
At the beach and since, I've read:
Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
Just finished Into Thin Air by John Krakauer
Starting on Shem Creek by Dorothea Benton Frank (never read her stuff)

1 comment:

abbiegrace said...

looks like so much fun!